Monday, September 26, 2005

Hola!

This is the start of my CAS dedicated blog. I'm just getting started on this and I don't have the pretense to call myself a writer, I just have the interest in Cowboy Action Shooting and just enough know-how to get the blog started (it helps to have a pardoners to push you along sometimes).

One of the first things that I think might be of interest to the CAS shooter is the new movie by Josh Whedon called Serenity. It's an adaptation of the TV show Firefly which Whedon created and aired a few years ago (buy the DVD's, you'll be amazed the morons at Fox killed this series). The series is quite literally a western that takes place in space, I guess you could call it a Sci-Fi Western. The characters are very good and Whedon does a terrific job of writing dialogue and developing characters. If you're wondering, Whedon was the guy behind the Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel TV series.

You can go to the Wiki Firefly entry to learn everything there is to know about Firefly. Go to the official movie sight to learn about Serenity. It opens this Friday Sept 30.