Tuesday, November 08, 2005


“Guns, Guns, Guns” Clarence Bodiker said it best, and ultimately that’s what drives this sport. People can talk about dressing up, the great people, spending time outdoors, and all that other crap (don’t get me wrong, I like all that other crap myself) but in the end it’s about the guns.

Jose and I just bought new rifles. We should be set for a long time, but I know we are both already thinking about our next gun purchases, even if they won’t be for a long time yet. As I said before, I’ve got a set of Ruger Vaqueros in .45 colt, a Stoeger Coach gun in 12 gauge, a Rossi Puma Model 92 in .45 colt, and now an Uberti Yellowboy. So what else do you ask could I possibly want?

How about a pair of Cimarron Richard Mason Open Top Conversions in .45 colt, a TTN Hammered Double Barrel 12 gauge, a Sharps .45 – 70 rifle, an American Derringer in .38 special, andWinchester Model 94 in .30 caliber. That ought to do it for the cowboy guns. I would also like to pick up a Remington Marine Magnum 870, an M1A Scout Squad Rifle, a Kimber Grand Raptor II 1911, and a S&W 625 with a 3 inch barrel. I reckon that ought to fill the gun safe.

Now If I could just figure out how to link the pages you wouldn’t have to run a search, but I’ll let Jose take care of that…speaking of Jose, what’s his wish list.
______
For cowboy guns, I'd have to go with 1875 Calvalry Model Schofields chambered in .45 Colt/Schofield, An 1873 Winchester-Style Rifle in .45 Colt, an original Winchester '97 in 12 guage, a Marlin 1895 in 45-70, and a Sharps in 45-70. As for the modern guns. I want a Black Rifle in .223, a Mossberg 590 in 12 guage with light and ghost rings, S&W model 19 or 66 in .357Magnum with 3" barrel, Walther PPK/S in .380ACP, a Rock Island Armory (or similar) 1911 in .45ACP (for project gun), and a Browning Hi Power in 9mm.

That said, I'd also love to have most of the guns Judge mentioned (those M1A's are sweet) and by no means would I limit myself to just these guns. I've already got a Kimber Eclipse CLE II and a TTN 1878 hammered double, so I don't need another of either. Its a decent list that will take me a while to get through and will certainly change before I get to the next gun!

UPDATE: I added a link to my Flickr gallery and started adding pictures.

No comments: