Monday, January 08, 2007

Serendipity

"the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for" - Webster

Last week I picked up another Marlin rifle I purchased from the SASS Wire Classifieds (no pictures, you've seen one before), I had it transferred to one of our fellow shooters who owns a gunsmithing business.  While doing the paperwork and background check a couple of the other CAS shooters I shoot with regularly, which allowed me to indulge in one of my favorite things, talking about guns and shooting.

One of the guys was leaving .45s for the less abusive .38 caliber.  He wants to win, so he wants to reduce the amount of recoil he faces, I suppose I can't blame him, I just don't know why he's wanting to sell his guns, crazy if you ask me.  So he mentions to me that he wants to get rid of his brass and my ears perk, "How much you got?" I inquire.  "I don't know, are you interested?" he replied.   As Judge and Copper know I've been thinking about buying more .45 Colt brass, so I gave him my info and told him to contact me when he knew what he had and how much he wanted.

Just as I sat down after getting home, Mark called and said he had 600 Colt, 600 Schofield and 198 Cowboy.45 Special cases, plus some primers and boxes.  We negotiated for all the cases and primers and settled on a price we were both happy with and I for one was very happy to run across this deal.  Seredipity indeed.

No comments: