Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Yes, I live.

I suppose I'm not really like most people in that when I take time off, that means all of my normal day-to-day activities are subject to neglect, most notably, this blog. Judge has filled in and knowing he was bored on his time off watching his little darling, I let him have run of the place while I attended to other things. Mostly that entailed spending time with and trying to nurture (against her will at times) Momma Gigante. Yeah, my mother went and had bi-lateral knee replacement on the 17th of December, so I've been busy with her. She seems to be progressing fine, at least that's what the nurses and physical therapists keep saying, I'm not sure she's buying it at times, but she's getting better.

OK, excuses out of the way, the real reason I posted, to push that picture of me with the first gun cart down the page a bit, we've come a long way since then, that's for certain.

I've spent a good deal of my time reloading 45 Colt and 45 S&W ammo for next season with the bullets acquired from Baron Von Sisco, too bad Royal Bullets is going out of business and we won't have a local source that delivers bullets to the range, that's going to be missed greatly. Sisco's a stand-up guy, he managed to fill the bullet orders he had even though Royal wouldn't produce them for him, so he got access to the equipment and acquired the lead to cast them himself. I really appreciate that kind of effort and in light of other SASS vendors lack of responsiveness, I find it quite refreshing.

I'm also building the sibling to the gun cart I gave to Judge for Christmas, I'm taking my time since there's no rush for the shooting season, so it might take a while. I'm trying to decide whether I have a single lid on it like Judge's or put a larger lid or two lids so I can access the entire area. Why? So I can put a brass can in there for empties. Since I reload for both he and Copper, I usually have a container for empties in my cart for the guys to toss their empties into during the match. I've also thought of a way to mount it externally, cut a hole in the top so the empties can be just tossed into the can. I need to think on this one since I'd like to have an easy way to do this.

I'll post more and pictures as I have them of the new toy(s).

No comments: