Thursday, February 19, 2009

Buh-bye

Say goodbye to your civil rights folks, what we have left of them anyway.  Seems you can't have a snarky sign in your truck window as someone (in this case an officer) may mistake the meaning of the word abort and start violating your right to speech.  It won't stop there, they'll turn it over to the Secret Service and they'll come calling to make sure you don't belong to any groups they don't approve of.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

At least they were "cordial" about the whole thing, I wouldn't want the SS to be rude about making sure you weren't in violation of, well not being PC.

Somehow I find it ironic that a sign that says "Abort Obama, Not The Unborn" would be taken as a threat on the President.  Perhaps the officer feels that aborting babies is somehow killing them or a bad thing.  I'm sure I'm mistaken because the powers that be certainly wouldn't want to give us the impression that abortions are a bad thing.  The idiot probably just doesn't know what abort means.

The newsok.com story I linked to above mentions that everything was set right in the end, I beg to differ, this sort of behavior by persons in power is never right and no amount of backpeddling will make those actions "right".

Hat Tip to Michael Bane

No comments: