Thursday, November 30, 2006

Injuries

Last month at our Department Range week I started having some pain in my right elbow. As the week went on it got a little worse each day. By Saturday my arm just plain hurt. I did a little research thanks to WebMD and self diagnosed Tennis Elbow. Now I’m not sure how I injured myself, but there you have it.

Jump forward to the last Thunder Valley main match. My arm had been feeling better so I thought I would give it a try. On the first stage the buzzer beeped and I picked up the shotgun…and damn near dropped it. I got a stabbing sensation all along my forearm and my fingers went numb. I made it through the stage but called it quits for the day right there. I figured I was either going to hurt myself more or drop a gun and I didn’t want either one of those to happen.

I spent the rest of the day in hell working the stages and watching everyone else have a good time. Well I’ve bought a brace and I’ll give it a go again this weekend. I would hate to not be able to shoot anymore this year, but I guess we will find out soon.


I have no shooting goals for next year; I just want to get back into fighting shape and have some fun.

No comments: