Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Smoking

I love a good cigar, and CAS gives me plenty of opportunities to light up and relax. You can’t smoke anywhere in the city I live, and I’ve pretty much given up golf for CAS, so that’s where I do most of my smoking. Jose and I have different tastes so I know he wont agree with me on this, but the best (non-Cuban) cigar I have smoked is a Davidoff Millennium.

It was March 9th, 2004 and I had just finished watching a Pacers game with my squad. The game went into overtime and we all went to the Claddigh Irish Pub. We had a few beers and I settled in for a cigar. They had the Davidoff’s on the menu and since I hadn’t tried one before I decided to give it a shot. I am glad that I did.

It’s an excellent smoke with an even draw, mellow finish, and a slight nutty flavor. Not to strong and not to mild, but a perfect cigar for the middle of the day or a CAS shoot. The only problem is that nobody carries them around here and they are very hard to find…not to mention a little on the steep side.

[update] I probably have less sophisticated taste than Judge. I like the Carlo Torano cigars the best (for now), especially the 1959 Exodus Silver torpedo. Had one in Vegas during last year's SASS convention in the Tropicana's cigar bar. There's nothing like sitting in an overstuffed leather chair, watching a ball game, sipping a Manhattan, smoking an excellent cigar and engaged in discussion with a best friend (the cigar girl was a nice addition!).

No comments: