Saturday, February 04, 2006

So I here they are going to remake Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now I am all for more westerns on the big screen these days. I feel westerns are the only true American movie genre and we've gotten away from that kind of film making. So I'm all for making westerns but why remake this one? Why remake an American classic? Are you going to make it "better?" Are you going to improve on one of the best cowboy buddy films of all time? Or, are you just going to showcase some modern talent and you can't think of anything original to do?

Now the best part, the remake will star Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. I don't hate these two like many people, but come on! Matt, you killed Oceans 11 with your other buddies, don't do it again, please.

Just imagine the months before opening. Commercials filled with driving rock music, explosions, close-up pictures of Matt and Ben and a voice over that says something like "From the people who brought you The Rock and Con Air comes…"

I have to go vomit now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll agree with that - A "remake" of Butch & Sundance would certianly be under very watch by many...
I would shudder to think of a major-studio remake of "The Wild Bunch" - sorry, but they just couldn't match the original fer cast with me, except maybe to get some better Hispanic acting today (?), just couldn't touch Holden/Borgnine/Oates/Johnson.